Kane Time

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Borges and the Internet


Borges article contains some interesting insight into what one day would be on the internet. His life is like a blog says “…have more memories than all of mankind since the world began,’ …my memory, sir, is like a garbage heap.” Some people use blogs as online diary’s of their daily lives. His idea of the “total” library is becoming more of a reality with the internet. People can use the internet to search for anything and can buy books online without ever needing to go to the library or book store

1 Comments:

At March 14, 2008 at 11:00 AM , Blogger RooTs said...

It has been a while since I read this article, but I found it interesting. I do remember that while I was reading it I was thinking that although it is cool to have this "diary" of our daily lives (for those who choose to do so) it, to me, seems that it can take the focus away from the really cool and unique things that happen. If we are documenting EVERYTHING that we want to say then one would have a lot of crap to go through to get to what is quality. You follow? My thoughts were a lot more clear when I had first read the article. I will agree though, that it is cool to have the opportunity to record all of the little things that make us smile or make some sort of impression thru-out the day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home