Kane Time

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What is GIS and What is Not? (I kinda know)

In the beginning GI science was easily defined; it was putting maps into computers. The system was the science. As far as this article goes, this was the only part that was easy to understand also. What this article does make clear is the need to broaden the “system into a science with further study and research. There are many references to 2D and 3D data in the article; however it is very difficult to understand the terms used to describe the differences in using these in the systems and science. I found this article very hard to understand and read. What I got out of it is that there is a need to extend this to a closer 3D representation of our world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home